I'm feeling very blessed and happy and warm fuzzy this week. Nothing has happened, every circumstance in my life -- the good and the bad -- is the same but I feel renewed, like I'm suddenly aware of how much goodness is in my life.
Here are a few things making me ridiculously happy these days.
1. I scored soft gray sweatpants at Goodwill for $1 and looooove them. I'm not claiming to look smoking hot in them or even semi-decent and presentable. They are just really, really, really comfy and I love them. I might wear them until Baby Rockne is born.
2. Madeline often makes up songs and sings really loudly. I kid you not, these were the lyrics to today's song:
he had to have surgery.
But he's gonna get better
and he's gonna play football again.
No more surgeries!
No more surgeries!"
She sang this at the park and another mom heard it.
Park mom: "I really like your daughter's song."
Me: "Me too."
Park mom: "I totally agree with her."
Me: "Me too."
3. This afternoon, I set out color beads, letter beads and thin elastic so Madeline could make her own necklace and I could lie down on the couch and watch "Leap Year." She asked me to make something too and since I could do it lying down, I couldn't really say no. I decided to spell out "trust" and even though I'm sporting the same jewelry as a 4-year-old, every time I look at my wrist, I remember that God is watching over everyone that I love and every dream I hold dearly. Even though I struggle with fear and trusting Him, there is no one/nothing else I want to entrust my life to.
(I shouldn't end that sentence with a preposition but "to which I want to entrust my life" just sounds pretentious. And I think I'm pretty far from pretentious. Probably my love for Big Brother, buffalo chicken cheese dip and "Bleeding Love" makes that abundantly clear.)
4. Madeline and I heard Baby Rockne's heartbeat at the doctor this week. Madeline calls the heartbeat sound "the train" and while I love listening to it, I absolutely cannot wait to hold that tiny body against my chest. For now, I'll keep on loving the tremendous, belly-shifting somersaults, courtesy of high fluid.
5. We're studying Habakkak in our small group. I've always liked this tiny book in the Bible but I am getting just so much from it this time around. Third trimester is pregnancy limbo in my eyes but Habakkak is such a great reminder to wait on God, believe that He is in control with more wisdom than we can fathom and turn my worry into worship, even if I can't see how situations will turn out.
6. Jenny recommended "The IT Crowd" to us and we've been watching episodes in bed at night. It is hilarious and if you like British humor, you really should check it out.
7. Speaking of fantastic TV, I just love Rachel Zoe and Roger. And her rows and rows of shoes and white house.
8. I know I've talked a lot about Adele recently but I just discovered the Adele Pandora station and my bliss was multiplied.
9. I learned a friend is pregnant with twins. The world is such a better place when I hear two tiny heartbeats are added to this world and it's impossible to not smile when I hear news like that.
10. I feel like it's unethical or immoral or something to stop a list at nine items. So is there anything small like gray sweatpants or something major (typed with Posh's voice in my head) making you happy this week?