I can’t think of any way to coherently write a post so I’m going to shoot from the hip with a list. (Side note: every time I write “hip,” the words “my hips don’t lie” run across my mind.)
1. Caleb nearly rolled over today. He comes so very awfully close but he never wants to seal the deal. Today, maybe the mountain of laundry intimated him from completing the task.
Actually, I just realized the penguin looks way more intimating than the laundry. I promise it's actually a really fun toy and not a leering, scary monster. Although I guess it's Caleb's opinion that really counts in the end
2. In light of my last blog post, I found this comment from the backseat really funny: “I put Jasmine in Pocahontas’ clothes because Jasmine’s clothes aren’t appropriate.” I think we can all agree that Jasmine is a poor role model for modesty. For the record, Ariel’s lack of modesty also bothers Madeline. I think my work here is complete. Until she discovers Justice.
3. Scotty’s Brewhouse catered an event a church tonight. Everything looked amazing. Dill chips with ranch. Wings. Pizza. Spinach dip. Brownies. Chocolate chip cookies. Basically every food you would ever desire, all with dairy. So now I’m adding Scotty’s to my list of restaurants to visit once Caleb is weaned.
The list so far looks like this:
1. Chicken fried chicken at Cracker Barrel
2. Every single appetizer at Scotty’s Brewhouse
3. Queso covered in queso on top of queso at any Mexican restaurant
4. Pimento macaroni and cheese at Twenty Tap
4. Even with a long-ish list, Caleb and I ran in and out of Target in under 20 minutes. This just has to be mentioned. It’s a personal best record. Also, every time I pass this ampersand and don’t buy it, I think I must possess superhuman willpower.
(OK, I just tried to find this adorable ampersand decor piece so I could link to it and you could all ooooh and aaaaah but I couldn't find it and instead wasted precious minutes on Target.com when I could be watching "New Girl" by now. So, just believe me that this exists and for only $19.99 too!)
5. Even with a terrible phone camera, this kid is still the cutest.
6. I took the best (seriously the best!) picture of Madeline today but now I can't pull it off the camera. It's so good and will give the pirate picture a run for its money but for now...."New Girl."